The prestigious Mies Awards are always eagerly anticipated, and this year again sees Belgian projects strongly represented: thirteen of the sixteen Belgian projects nominated were built in Belgium. The remaining three having been constructed in Bordeaux, Faaborg and Tirana. A total of 356 projects have been nominated, and the winner is due to be announced in April.
The Mies van der Rohe Award is granted every two years to acknowledge and reward quality architectural production in Europe.
In 2015, the Mies Award went to the Spanish architectural firm Barozzi/Veiga for the creation of the Philharmonic Hall in the Polish city of Szczecin.
Below is a list of the Belgian nominees:
- House H, Broekx-Schiepers architecten
- Structure and gardens, Brussels, BAUKUNST + Util + Landinzicht
- DC L-Berg DC, L-Berg Ghent,architecten de vylder vinck taillieu + Ney & Partners engineers + Boydens Engineering
- Zwin national park Zwin, Knokke-Heist, Coussée & Goris Architects + Gafpa
- Ceramic Center Keramis - Coton_Devisscher_Lelion_Nottebaert_ Vincentelli
- University Psychiatric Centre, Gasthuisberg - Leuven, Stéphane Beel Architecten bvba + Ney & Partners engineers + VK Engineering + DAIDALOS PEUTZ + Ludovic Devriendt
- OFFICE 119: Villa Der Bau, Linkebeek, OFFICE Kersten Geers David Van Severen
- Memorial Museum (MMM), Mons,Atelier d'architecture Pierre Hebbelinck - Pierre de Wit
- House CG House CG, Pajottenland, architecten de vylder vinck taillieu + Denis Dujardin landscape designer
- Garden pavilion M, Renaix, Vers.A
- TRAX: Redevelopment of a former train transfer station, Roeselare, BUUR | bureau voor urbanisme + Nero architecten
- NAVEZ - 5 social units as Northern entrance of Brussels, Schaarbeek MSA / V+
- Polyvalent Infrastructure, Spa, BAUKUNST
- City archives of Bordeaux Archives, Robbrecht en Daem architecten
- Faaborg Harbour Bath Fåborg havnebad, Faaborg, JDSA / Julien De Smedt Architects + URBAN AGENCY
- TID Tower, Tirana, 51N4E
Picture: Chassé Park Apartments in Breda of XDGA, finalist in 2003.