The Flanders Architecture Institute (VAi) attaches great importance to the protection of privacy and to the respectful handling of your personal data. In this privacy statement, we aim to communicate transparently and clearly about why the VAi collects, maintains and processes personal data, what personal data we collect and how we subsequently deal with this data. The privacy statement applies to all personal data processed by the VAi. In every case, the VAi complies with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (effective from 25/05/2018).
What does this mean exactly?
- We process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided. These purposes are described in this privacy statement.
- We limit the use of personal data to the absolute minimum required for the specific purpose.
- The VAi will ask for your express consent before processing or transferring any personal data.
- We take the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- We do not pass on your personal data to other parties, unless it is absolutely necessary for the specific purpose. This is always done with your permission and knowledge.
- We will keep you informed of your rights regarding your personal data. If changes to this privacy statement are made in the future, we undertake to communicate this to you, after which your approval will be requested again.
- The VAi is responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, you have specific or general queries about this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Flanders Architecture Institute vzw
Jan Van Rijswijcklaan 155, B-2018 Antwerp
+32 (0) 3 242 89 70
For what purposes do we collect personal data?
For communication purposes
- To provide information about the services and activities of the VAi e.g. via invitations and press releases (targeted mailings)
- To provide information through the VAi newsletter
To organise our events
- Registering and contacting participants
To evaluate our operations
- Compiling statistics e.g. the number of advice requests processed, participant numbers, reading room visitors.
- Web statistics
In respect of specific projects
- Registering entries for the Flanders Architectural Review
To facilitate architectural research and heritage work
- Maintaining the Architectural Archives database (www.architectuurarchievenvlaanderen.be)
- Maintaining our collection of architectural archives, as well as access to it through collection.architectuurarchiefvlaanderen.be
- Maintaining the Buildings database and Architects database
Passing data to third parties
We may pass the information you have provided to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the purposes described.
We will not transfer your personal data to other parties, unless this is legally permitted or mandatory. In some cases, the information can be shared internally. We can only share your personal data with third parties if you have given us permission to do so. You have the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
The VAi does not store personal data any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided, or as required by law.
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete the personal data that you have supplied (the right to be forgotten). Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also contact us if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data.
For the personal data that we process in respect of facilitating architectural research and heritage work, an exception applies when the archiving is done in the public interest, or is for scientific, historical research or statistical purposes (Article 89 of the General Data Protection Regulation). For these personal details, we will always weigh up deletion requests against the interests of the community and the scientific or historical research in question.
This privacy statement was last updated on 25/06/2018.