Riet Eeckhout and Arnaud Hendrickx, initiators of Drawing Ambience. Alvin Boyarsky and the Architectural Association, invite artists and architects to go into dialogue with the works from the Alvin Boyarsky collection.
The early architecture drawings of the influential architects present in the exhibition Drawing Ambience will be confronted with new or reformed work by, among others: Stijn Ank, Marc Belderbos, Koen Deprez, Riet Eeckhout, Pieterjan Ginckels, Marc Godts, Arnaud Hendrickx, Bart Hollanders, Stijn Jonckheere, Ephraim Joris, Mira Sanders en Cédric Noël, Alex Suárez, Peter Swinnen, Füsun Türetken, Michael Van Den Abeele, Jo Van Den Berghe, Dimitri Van Grunderbeek.
- Students from MIARD institute in Rotterdam produced a series of drawings in responds to the Boyarsky collection. Marta La Torre, Francesco Mottola, Theodora Kalatianou, Claudia Canizares, Szu-Yi Wang and Livia Stacchini will exhibit drawings exploring the expression of interiorness in the Red Corridor from 29 November till 26 December 2017.
- Students from Studio Anatomy (KU Leuven) fight the battle with the drawings on the wall and exhibit drawings based on the method of Critical Sequential Drawing (CSD). The exhibited work is from Ghan Oudhuis, Esther Schepens, Loes Decruynaere, Lien Clyncke, Jiří Vala , Marek Vilášek, Timothy Ghyssaert, Giles Smets, Alžběta Pomahačová, Hendrik Haeyaert, Bert Stoffels, Eline Cooman, Daria Chmielewska, Urszula Kataryna Prokop, Iwona Anna Pawlak, Fred Meeuwens, Kevin Saey, Vit Burian, Anton Donckels, Xanthe Van Veirdeghem, Maaike Snel, Daphne Gort, Maarten De Smet, Charlotte Deneve, Marine Boey, Nicolas De Paepe, Aaron Derie, Yann Courouble, Yasmine Vanneste, Victoria Van Kan. The work will be on view from 29 November till 26 December 2017.
Tuesday 28 November 2017 at 7pm in deSingel (Antwerp)
Listen to the opening presentations below:
On 11 January at 1pm the initiators of the exhibition are gathering in the Blue Foyer of deSingel in Antwerp for a mini symposium on the outcomes of Drawing Out: Material Dialogues with the Boyarsky-Collection.
Programme and speakers:
- 1pm: Introduction
- 1:15 - 2pm: Igor Marjanovic lecture, Author of the catalogue Drawing Ambience: Alvin Boyarsky and the Architectural Association.
- 2pm - 2:45pm: Pedagogical framework
Ephraim Joris (MIARD Rotterdam) - Bart Hollanders/Riet Eeckhout (KULeuven St-Lucas)
panel Igor Marjanovic, Robin Schaeverbeke
- 3-6pm: Practitioners presentations
conversation panel : Igor Marjanovic, Maarten Van Den Driessche, Marius Grootveld, Arnaud Hendrickx
- 3 pm: spatial narratives: Mira Sanders, Cédric Noël, Ephraim Joris, Jo Van Den Berghe
- 4 pm: Speculative drawing: Pieterjan Ginckels, Alex Suárez, Füsun Türetken
- 5 pm: Between Observation and Speculation: Bart Hollanders, Riet Eeckhout, Dimitri van Grunderbeek
- 6 pm: End statements by panel members / participants
The symposium is free
Architecture Cabinet in Expo deSingel (Antwerp)
Wednesday 29 November 2017 → Sunday 14 January 2018 in deSingel (Antwerp)
open Wed → Sun / 2pm → 7pm and during evening performances
closed Mon, Tue and public holidays
admission: €5 (under-19s free)
combi ticket with the exhibition Dom Hans van der Laan. A House for the Mind
tickets on sale at entrance to exhibition
This exhibition is organized by the academic design team ‘Drawing Architecture, balancing on the shoulders of giants’ at KU Leuven. Curation and scenography: Riet Eeckhout and Arnaud Hendrickx.